قراشل بالبطاطة / Potato Krachel (9rachel) / Spicy Moroccan Potato Buns / Brioches Marocaines aux pommes de terre (patates) et épices!

قراشل بالبطاطة - البطاطس
Krachel or 9rachel (قراشل ) are Moroccan sweet buns flavoured with green aniseeds, sesame seeds and orange flower water. Another Ramadan treat that can be eaten anytime of the year!  You can freeze these delights though I will be surprised if there will be any left to freeze.

As all Moroccan recipes, Krachel is no exception, they widely vary from one region to another and even from one family to another. Some prefer to use olive oil instead of butter (very nice version of Krachel indeed), some use water instead of milk, some put more or less spices in the dough to suit their personal taste.

I’m submitting this post to Susan's Yeastspotting, a WONDERFUL BREAD BLOG devoted to yeast bread food. Please check it out! 
Mamatkamal







Comments

Hari Chandana P said…
Yummyy... looks perfect!!
Arlette said…
My friend
these are gorgeous looking breads
Love all the spices you used, and the flavour you got from the anise seeds... I love all bread recipes and each Country has some amazing ones.
Great photos.. thanks for sharing
have a nice weekend
Lena Jayadev said…
wowwwwwwwww...;.this is my all time favorite...too temptig and i can get aroma here.. :)..recipe is bookmarked.. :)
wHAT A DELIGHT FULL BREAD would love to try this RECIPE......
could have a few with the fillings jus now.......
Nadji said…
Bravo. Tes krachel sont magnifiques.
Bien gonflés et bien aérés.
L'idée de la farce me plait beaucoup.
Avec une tasse de thé, c'est le bonheur.
Katy ~ said…
Oh my beautiful friend, these buns are splendid. Gorgeous colors and the spices...oh I know that I would think I was in heaven if I had one of these right now! Well done!!
Unknown said…
vraiment a craquer ,j ai bien envie de les manger a cet heure du matin

machallah khadija et bravo

un bisous a tes enfants et une bonne journee
Stefanie said…
They look so good! I like the ones stuffed with chocolate most!
Mimi said…
I love all of the different moroccan breads you are sharing with us. They all look delicious!
Sarah said…
These look so good.
Michele said…
Yum! These rolls look just amazing. I love that there is orange flower water in the recipe.
Unknown said…
I need to have another go at brioche as mine were a disaster last month. Yours look delightful.
Oumsara Ilham said…
tbarkellah 3lik khadija,9rachil dayizhom laklam,tbarkellah 3lik jawe ghzaline,bessaha o raha
Nadji said…
Tes passages sont toujours très appréciés.
Bon dimanche.
Je t'embrasse.
Joanne said…
Brioche. Stuffed with chocolate. I'm in heaven.
ann low said…
Beautiful buns, dear. But I can't locate your latest post.
Jamie said…
Wow these buns are beautiful and they sound so delicious. What a fabulous recipe and one to try! I love the flavorings.
Barbara Bakes said…
There wouldn't be any of these golden beauties left at my house to freeze! They look delicious!
QIS said…
the buns look so tempting friend.
i especially love the one with chocolate :p
Richard said…
These look wonderful, can't wait to try some out! Great site great pics!
Lovely buns! Stuffed with almond paste, they must taste just heavenly. Une belle spécilaité. La cuisine marocaine est si riche te merveilleuse.

Bises,

Rosa
Unknown said…
esalaam
hallah hallah these look beautiful i love moroccan brioche